Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Can't stop me

I think this whole sick business is finally over. Although when I woke up today I felt under the weather again, I think I was able to sweat out most of my sickness in my run today. The run, difficult but rewarding was a 4 miler around Eastport and Annapolis, MD. Dodging puddles from this weekends rain as well as old brick roads is always fun. I would just go run on a track, but honestly I get so bored when I do. The weather here was sixty degrees so I'm going to run outside as opposed to a treadmill for as long as possible.
Today I stretched halfway through my run as well as the end of my run. I can feel my right hamstring tightening up, but enough stretching and rest this weekend should do the trick. If I were one of my clients I would say to take it easy for a day or two, but with my expectations for myself, that isn't possible right now.
I also looked at new running shoes today online as well as supplements designed for endurance as opposed to just strength building. For the shoes, I might want to start with something well known for running like Asics, Brooks, New Balance, etc., but Under Armour has a new running shoe line and even though I might not get them for my first pair, I definitely want to try them out. Still undecided about the supplements, probably leaning towards the GNC AMP endurance stak. We'll see.