Monday, October 26, 2009

Overcoming Excuses

Sneezing and coughing the entire morning and suddenly I'm facing a tough decision to either let that excuse stop me from running or to overcome it and get myself out of the house to run. For this self challenge every step I take on the pavement, track, dirt, etc. is going to help. I remember thinking back to when Michael Jordan had the flu in the playoffs and overcame any excuses not to play and led his Bulls to win that night. Thinking about Lance Armstrong overcoming cancer and winning the Tour seven times. Would he have called it quits one day if he woke up in the middle of a race because he thought he was coming down with something? Absolutely not. There's a reason champions are champions. They don't make excuses no matter what the circumstance. Four-miles later I still feel like crap, but that's $.80 more that I'll be donating to charity and one step closer to reaching my goal. Hydration, shower, and medicine are next.